Sargent County added to emergency CRP haying authorization


Livestock producers in Sargent County may hay or graze CRP with written authorization from FSA under an emergency authorization granted by the USDA’s Farm Service Agency.  This is in addition to previous authorizations granted to Bottineau, Burke, Divide, Griggs, McHenry, Ransom, Stutsman and Ward Counties.

Producers with at least part of their livestock operation located in one of these counties may hay CRP with written authorization from FSA immediately.  Hay must be cut by August 31 and bales removed from CRP before November 15.  Grazing is authorized through September 30.

This authorization only includes CRP that is physically located in one of the nine listed counties.  It is also limited to certain conservation practices and does not include practice CP23 Wetland Restoration.  Only 50 percent of an eligible field or contiguous field may be cut for hay.

The annual CRP payment will be reduced by 25 percent for each acre grazed or each acre cut for hay.  CRP participants who do not have livestock may lease CRP acreage to an eligible livestock producer for no more than the amount of the payment reduction.  CRP hay may not be sold under the emergency release.

Interested livestock producers and CRP participants from an eligible county should contact their local FSA office to obtain written authorization to hay or graze CRP under this emergency release.

Source: USDA FSA ND State office