The National Biodiesel Board (NBB) on Tuesday applauded the Department of Agriculture’s announcement that it will award millions of dollars in bioenergy payments to spur the production of advanced biofuels such as biodiesel.
The payments, authorized under the 2008 Farm Bill, are going to more than 160 producers in 41 states, including dozens of biodiesel companies across the country.
“These payments will create jobs and economic activity while helping the biodiesel industry advance new technologies and improve efficiency,” said Anne Steckel, NBB’s vice president of federal affairs. “It’s another example of this administration’s strong commitment to boosting domestic production of advanced biofuels and securing our energy future.”
The payments are authorized under the Farm Bill’s Bioenergy Program for Advanced Biofuels, which Congress created to ensure an expanding supply of domestic energy. Payments are based on the amount of biofuels a recipient produces from renewable biomass other than corn kernel starch. Eligible recipients include biofuels derived from vegetable oil and animal fats, cellulose, crop residue, animal, food and yard waste, and gases from landfill or sewage waste treatment.
Here are a list of recipients in nearby states:
- Hanson County Oil Producers, LLC. – $6,437.65 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Nugen Energy, LLC. – $71,191.13 – Ethanol Production
- Cargill, Inc. – $1,988,625.98 – Anaerobic Digester; Biodiesel
- Ever Cat Fuels, LLC. – $98,507.21 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Fumpa Biofuels – $198,575.88 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- MN Soybean Processors – $2,267,925.96 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Riverview, Llp – $29,584.02 – Anaerobic Digester
- West River Dairy, Llp – $27,850.23 – Anaerobic Digester
- Abengoa Bioenergy Corporation – $1,225,049.30 – Ethanol Production
- Global Fuels, LLC. – $14,454.16 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Me Bio Energy, LLC. – $26,032.96 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Mid‐America Biofuels, LLC. – $1,841,148.67 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Natural Biodiesel Plant, LLC. – $231,725.99 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Paseo Cargill Energy, LLC. – $2,229,241.21 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Prairie Pride, Inc. – $418,413.46 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Bearlodge Forest Products, Inc. – $1,193.26 – Pellets
- Ag Processing, Inc. – $2,177,107.98 – Biodiesel Trans Esterificatio
- Horizon Biofuels, Inc. – $1,843.66 – Pellets
- Kaapa Ethanol, LLC. – $1,028.45 – Ethanol Production
- Clinton County Bio Energy, LLC.. – $6,046.08 – Biofuel From Waste Products (Biodiesel)
- Iowa Renewable Energy, LLC. – $151,002.98 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Renewable Energy Group, Inc. – $6,174,285.19 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Sioux Biochemical, Inc. – $24,110.12 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Western Dubuque Biodiesel, LLC. – $456,363.79 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
- Western Iowa Energy – $698,622.94 – Biodiesel Trans Esterification
A list of ALL recipients for the payments can be found here.
Source: National Biodiesel Board