Executive Vice President Strege talks about elevator industry at ND Grain Dealers Association 100th Anniversary

0
64

The North Dakota Grain Dealers Association is marking its 100th Anniversary and convention at the Holiday Inn of Fargo.

Executive Vice President Steve Strege like many other facets of agriculture, Strege says the grain elevator industry has changed dramatically over the past century.

Strege 1

But one thing has been constant over the past century for the grain dealers – their relationship with the railroads. At times, that relationship has been strained.

Strege 2

North Dakota’s elevators handle about 700 million bushels of grain and oilseeds each year, with about 78 percent of that moving by rail and the other 22 percent by truck.

https://americanagnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Podcast-logo-AAN-NEW-1.jpg