July 4, 2022
Fargo, US 72 F

North & South Dakota field crop reports

North Dakota

As of February 26, snow cover protection for alfalfa was rated 52 percent poor, 45 adequate, and 3 excellent. Snow cover protection for winter wheat was rated 45 percent poor, 49 adequate, and 6 excellent.

South Dakota

With the arrival of the first snow storm of the season, snow cover conditions improved but some still worry about the quality and survival rate of the alfalfa and winter wheat for the state. Winter wheat condition is rated at 31 percent poor, 40 percent fair, and 29 percent in the good to excellent range.

Snow cover for winter wheat is rated at 71 percent poor with the remaining 29 percent adequate, compared to last month rated at 87 percent poor and 13 percent adequate. Alfalfa snow cover is rated at 71 percent poor, 28 percent adequate, and 1 percent excellent, compared to last month’s ratings of 83 percent poor and 17 percent adequate.

 

Sources: USDA NASS ND & SD Field Offices

Previous Article

Bake & Take Day March 24th

Next Article

MN Viking mascot “Viktor” to visit the NDWS