Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue Wednesday called the China announcement regarding U.S. sorghum this week “ludicrous.” China’s anti-dumping investigation has resulted in a 179 percent tariff on U.S. sorghum imports. Perdue says the move by China is “clearly a political decision,” add that the U.S. “rejects their premise.” Perdue goes on to say that U.S. sorghum producers are “the most competitive in the world,” saying the industry does not believe there is any basis in fact for China’s actions. National Sorghum Producers previously said the organization is “evaluating all legal options moving forward.” China is the largest buyer of U.S. sorghum products, purchasing more than $900 million worth last year. China launched the anti-dumping investigation in February. The move is seen as part of an ongoing trade dispute between the U.S. and China.