RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., December 18, 2023 – Growers faced unprecedented challenges in 2023, including weed control, drought pressure and more. As a leader in innovation, BASF Agricultural Solutions steps up to address these challenges head on, continuing to introduce new products and solutions for growers.
From the launch of 11 new soybean seed varieties to the unveiling of new product solutions and cutting-edge technologies, innovation is the driving force behind the BASF advancements. This is further exemplified through the company’s substantial investment in research and development of agricultural products.
“In the midst of agricultural uncertainties, BASF is committed to supporting farmers by bringing impactful solutions to market that will lay the foundation for future growth,” said Scott Kay, Vice President of U.S. Agricultural Solutions at BASF. “2023 was a strong year for innovation and we’re looking forward to further expanding our portfolio with additional solutions set to launch in 2024.”
Below are some highlights of BASF innovations and initiatives from 2023:
New Product Launches & Label Updates
- Announcement of Surtain™ herbicide, the first solid encapsulated premix solution on the market, pending registration, delivering unmatched weed control.
- Introduction of Revylok™ fungicide solution for soybeans, delivering long-lasting curative and preventative control against a broad disease spectrum and extended disease pressure.
- Introduction of Liberty® ULTRA herbicide, the first trait-enabled, resolved isomeric postemergence herbicide for broad-spectrum weed control.
- Launch of Poncho® Votivo® Precise seed treatment to help soybean growers prevent damage from a wide range of insects and nematode species.
- Introduction of new seed variety placement technology xarvio® SeedSelect as part of xarvio FIELD MANAGER, delivering prescriptive variety selection and field placement to improve yield potential.
- Launch of Flo Rite® Pro 02 plantability polymer, which uses advanced polymer-based technology to maximize seed flow, optimizing singulation, seed spacing and plant population to help increase yield potential.
- Announcement of registration for Beyond® Xtra herbicide in California, the first and only imazamox herbicide approved for use in the Clearfield® Production System and for conventional crops like dry beans and alfalfa.
Other Initiatives and Highlights
- Stoneville® Legacy Club™, which celebrates cotton growers’ high yield achievements, reached a record-setting enrollment of 179 applicants, with 34 individuals qualified by harvesting yields in the top 10% of their states.
- Unveiling of ONE SMART SPRAY, the new global brand name for Bosch BASF Smart Farming, the joint venture between Bosch and BASF Digital Farming to globally market and sell smart farming technology.
- Final trait approvals received for Axant™ Flex Herbicide Tolerance Technology and Axant Flex TwinLink® Plus Insect Control Technologies, supporting the planting of Axant Flex Cotton and providing growers with additional weed control options.
- The BASF e3® Sustainable Cotton program hosted a roundtable discussion on sustainable cotton production at the United Nations headquarters with farmers from across the globe.
- Extension of Grower Finance Program for the 2024 year, offering growers 1.99% APR on all participating BASF products through March 15, 2024.
- Announcement of open enrollment for the FiberMax® One Ton Club™, where growers who yield a ton or more of FiberMax cotton during the season are eligible to win impressive prizes, like a two-year lease on a Ford® Super Duty® F-350 Lariat® truck.
Seed Variety News
- Xitavo™ soybean seed demonstrated remarkable performance for the 2023 yield trials, securing more than 14 first-place rankings, 119 top-10 finishes and 403 top-30 finishes.
- Release of 11 new Xitavo soybean seed varieties, featuring Enlist E3® technology to combat difficult weeds.
To learn more about BASF innovation, visit agriculture.basf.us.
 Upon registration Surtain herbicide will be available for sale and use in the United States. This information is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to promote the sale of this product. Any sale of this product after registration is obtained shall be based solely on the EPA-approved product label, and any claims regarding product safety and efficacy shall be addressed solely by the label.
Always read and follow label directions. Liberty, Poncho Votivo, Flo Rite, Beyond, TwinLink, Stoneville, FiberMax, InVigor and xarvio are registered trademarks of BASF Corporation. Surtain, Revylok, Axant and One Ton Club are trademarks of BASF Corporation. Xitavo is a trademark of M.S. Technologies, L.L.C., West Point, IA. Enlist, Enlist E3 and the Enlist logo are registered trademarks of Corteva Agriscience. The transgenic event in Enlist E3 soybeans is jointly developed and owned by Corteva Agriscience and M.S. Technologies, L.L.C. Ford, Super Duty and Lariat are registered trademarks of Ford Motor Company. One Ton Club is not sponsored by Ford Motor Company. © 2023 BASF Corporation. All rights reserved.
BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF Corporation has approximately 16,000 employees in North America and had sales of $25.7 billion in 2022. For more information about BASF’s North American operations, visit www.basf.com/us.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 111,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio comprises six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF Group generated sales of €87.3 billion in 2022. BASF SE shares are traded on the stock exchange in Frankfurt (BAS) and as American Depositary Receipts (BASFY) in the United States. Further information at www.basf.com.
About BASF’s Agricultural Solutions Division
Farming is fundamental to provide enough healthy and affordable food for a rapidly growing population while reducing environmental impacts. Working with partners and agricultural experts and by integrating sustainability criteria into all business decisions, we help farmers to create a positive impact on sustainable agriculture. That’s why we invest in a strong R&D pipeline, connecting innovative thinking with practical action in the field. Our portfolio comprises seeds and specifically selected plant traits, chemical and biological crop protection, solutions for soil management, plant health, pest control and digital farming. With expert teams in the lab, field, office and in production, we strive to find the right balance for success — for farmers, agriculture and future generations. In 2022, our division generated sales of €10.3 billion. For more information, please visit www.agriculture.basf.com or any of our social media channels.