Des Moines, Iowa, Dec. 22, 2022 – The National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) and the National Pork Board (NPB) are proud to announce the 19 pork producers selected to join the Pork Leadership Institute’s (PLI) class of 2023. Each year, an elite group of producers are chosen to participate in the PLI program. NPPC and NPB staff work closely with state pork association executives and field representatives to identify key individuals across the country.
The PLI class of 2023 are:
- Katie Brown from Morrisonville, IL
- Dylan Carden from North Prince George, VA
- Chris Coner from Concord, NC
- Andy Cook from Sleepy Eye, MN
- Aubrey Doherty from Sheboygan Falls, WI
- Jack Egan from Denver, PA
- Alvaro Franco from Audubon, IA
- Joe Grinstead from Lebanon, IN
- Aaron King from Greenville, OH
- Rogelio Mata from Corcoran, CA
- Jason Moore from Suffolk, VA
- Shelby Padgett from Amarillo, TX
- Alina Porta from Mooreland, OK
- Bill Prestage from Clinton, NC
- Anthony Russo from Curryville, MO
- Chad Stoterau from Sherman, SD
- Aimee Supp from Howells, NE
- Ben Wikner from Farmersburg, IA
- Mitch Witteveen from Hamilton, MI
“PLI is vital to the success of pork producers because it develops knowledgeable industry ambassadors and future leaders,” said Bryan Humphreys, NPPC’s CEO. “Every pork producer should consider participating in PLI as graduates are able to tell the pork industry’s story from local communities to our nation’s capital.”
The comprehensive, year-long program consists of five sessions that include learning about the federal legislative and regulatory process, the importance of international trade, the roles of the national pork organizations and their state pork associations, and modern-day issues facing producers. They also go through comprehensive media and communications training to become effective grassroots advocates for the pork industry.
The Pork Leadership Institute (PLI) is a comprehensive joint training program of the National Pork Producers Council and the National Pork Board. Learn more at: Pork Leadership Institute.