EAGAN, Minn. – The Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation (MFBF) will have an active presence at Farmfest 2023 in Redwood County, Minn., Aug. 1-3. This annual event brings together the best in agribusiness from Minnesota and around the country, giving those involved in agriculture an opportunity to network, learn and grow.
There will be many opportunities to interact with MFBF during the three-day event. Please contact director of communications Rachel Reisig for more information or to set up an interview. To reach her on the event grounds, call or text 612-916-9958 with any requests.
MFBF interviewees include:
- MFBF President Dan Glessing and Vice President Carolyn Olson will be available all three days for interviews.
- Board member Nathan Collins (Murdock, Minn./Swift County) will be a featured panelist on the Aug. 2 Climate-Smart Practices for Livestock Producers, and will be available for interviews following the panel.
- Additional board members and county leaders will also be available to provide insight on the growing season across the state and other Farm Bureau updates.
- Director of Public Policy Pierce Bennett and Public Policy Specialist Kaytlin Bemis will be available all three days to discuss legislative updates on both the state and national stages.
Highlights on the grounds include:
- The Farm Bureau Foundation pork chop stand (Booth #7) is an annual tradition at Farmfest. Since 1999, the Foundation has served up the pork chops, with proceeds supporting the Foundation’s efforts to provide agricultural, mental health and other educational opportunities across the state. Foundation Director Ruth Meirick will be available to talk about the Foundation’s work across the state.
- MFBF in partnership with Farm Bureau Financial Services (FBFS) will host the free pancake breakfast at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 2 inside the Wick Building Farmfest Center for the first 1,000 attendees. Farm Bureau leaders will be available during the breakfast for interviews.
- MFBF and FBFS will be giving away a trio of prizes! Stop by the FBFS tent located next to the Wick Building to enter to win a guided fishing trip at Ash Trail Lodge, a John Deere fire pit and Bluetooth remote control cooler, or a Blackstone grill and accessories.
About the Minnesota Farm Bureau Federation
To ensure Minnesota’s agricultural vitality, the Minnesota Farm Bureau amplifies its members’ voices through engagement, grassroots advocacy and agricultural awareness. Learn more about our efforts as an advocate for our nearly 30,000 members and 78 county Farm Bureaus at www.fbmn.org.