With these strong agronomic additions, the Xitavo seed portfolio includes a total of 44 varieties covering relative maturities 0.0 to 4.8. All new varieties feature Enlist E3® technology to combat difficult weeds. Xitavo soybean seed is owned by MS Technologies and exclusively distributed by BASF.
“The addition of these new varieties will provide growers a strong foundation for their soybean acres,” said Marc Hoobler, U.S. Soybean Agronomy Lead for BASF. “We want to give soybean growers complete confidence in their weed control programs, so all new varieties support versatility and include the Enlist E3 triple-stack herbicide-tolerant trait.”
A few of the high-yielding new varieties that Hoobler encourages growers to watch for are:
- XO 2444E: Good height and standability combination; Good PRR field tolerance and STS tolerant; 108.8% above trial average
- XO 3014E: Dominant performance over competitive checks; Excellent PRR field tolerance and STS tolerant; 107.1% above trial average
- XO 3224E: Peking SCN resistance with excellent PRR field tolerance; Consistent across yield environments; 103.9% above trial average
- XO 4084E: Moderately branchy plant with good standability and height; Consistent performer with STS tolerance; 106.2% above trial average
- XO 4364E: Strong performance in higher yielding environments; Good tolerance for PRR/SDS/FELS with STS tolerance; 107.1% above trial average
“Not only have these new varieties been meticulously assessed by our leading team of agronomists, but Xitavo has a history of success with trusted third-party evaluation as well,” Hoobler said.
In last year’s Farmers’ Independent Research of Seed Technologies (FIRST) trials, Xitavo snagged 14 first-place finishes, 155 top-10 finishes and 327 top-30 finishes. Since the brand was first launched in 2020, 13 Xitavo varieties have been defined as National Performers in the WinField United Answer Plot® testing program. In 2022, seven varieties were designated as National Performers. In total, Xitavo had 13 varieties place in the top five nationally in RM tests 0.0-4.4.
Hoobler adds that the performance of these new varieties gets even better with the proper placement knowledge.
“We want to prove our performance on farms and earn the trust of soybean growers,” he said. “Once we help a grower select the right variety, BASF can help them manage the variety to reach its full potential with recommendations such as planting date, planting rate and preferred row spacing, as well as seed treatment or crop protection recommendations.”
Xitavo is designed with the understanding that a high-performing crop starts with the seed. Enlist E3 soybeans offer growers an advanced herbicide-tolerant trait technology with maximum flexibility and convenience.
For more information about these high-yielding varieties, visit xitavosoybeanseed.com or contact your local BASF authorized retailer.
Always read and follow label directions. XITAVO is a trademark of M.S. Technologies, L.L.C., West Point, IA. Enlist, Enlist E3 and the Enlist logo are registered trademarks of Corteva Agriscience. The transgenic event in Enlist E3 soybeans is jointly developed and owned by Corteva Agriscience and M.S. Technologies, L.L.C. Ⓒ 2023 BASF Corporation. All rights reserved.