Since 1984, the American Ag Network has served farmers by delivering farm news, market information, and weather. We are proud of our legacy more than 30 years later. The American Ag Network broadcasts on dozens of affiliate radio stations, provides news online at www.americanagnetwork.com, and hosts a weekly podcast of the latest news and events.
American Ag Network
Farm News Director
We’re proud to feature Rusty Halvorson as the voice of the American Ag Network. With family roots in radio and agriculture, Rusty joined the network more than two decades ago, proudly serving with network pioneer Lyle Romine. He has received several NAFB Marketcast Awards and was awarded the NAFB Excellence in Ag Reporting for his news story on the challenges Congress would face in drafting a Farm Bill in 2012. Rusty is an active member of the NAFB.
Follow Rusty on Twitter: @RustHalvorson
Farm Broadcaster/Multimedia Journalist
Kirsten Rall is the newest member of the American Ag Network. She started as an intern at the network and showed passion and skill. Upon graduating from NDSU in May, 2019, she was asked to stay on with the title of Farm Broadcaster/Multimedia Journalist. Kirsten has a solid background in the agriculture industry with farming and ranching roots near Forbes, North Dakota. In addition to her internship at The American Ag Radio Network, she was a student member of the National Association of Farm Broadcasting, and the president of the NDSU chapter of Agriculture Communicators of Tomorrow.
Follow Kirsten on Twitter: @KirstenRallAAN
Digital Director/Farm Broadcaster
Sabrina came to the American Ag Network after building a successful broadcast journalism career in the fast-paced media markets of California. She became known nationally as a top agriculture news reporter and chose to make the Dakotas her home. Sabrina is an active member in the National Association of Farm Broadcasting, serving as the 2016-2017 West Region Vice President, 2018 co-chair of the Washington Watch committee, and 2019-2020 Marketing & Promotions Chair.
Follow Sabrina on Twitter: @SabrinaWHill
- American Ag Network Week in Review, Sept 26 2020In our episode of the Week in Review this week, we visit with Andy Knepp about Bayer’s new Carbon Initiative Pilot Program, and also Josh VanDeWalle, Bayer PLUS Leader about the success of the program. We also discuss the importance of the 2020 Census with Kevin Iverson, Manager of the North Dakota Census Office.
- American Ag Network Week in Review, Sept 19 2020In this week's episode of the Week in Review, Rusty and Sabrina Halvorson discuss recent developments regarding the Renewable Fuels Standard, and visit with Mary Soucie, State Librarian for the North Dakota State Library about the importance of the 2020 Census, and talk with the good folks at Agri-Cover at this past week's Big Iron […]
- American Ag Network Week in Review, Sept 12 2020In this episode of The Week in Review, we visit with CHS Regional Account Manager Dallas Engel about preparing propane supplies before and during the harvest, and also with Carl Peterson of Peterson Farms Seed about this past week's Annual Grower Field Day.
- American Ag Network Week in Review, Sept 5 2020In this week's episode of the Week in Review, Rusty Halvorson visits with Nolan Berg of Peterson Farms Seed about the importance of seed treatments, the latest in drone advancements, along with the upcoming PFS Field Day. Rusty also visits with Brent Schulz of Agri-Cover about the upcoming Big Iron Farm Show, and what the […]
- Week in Review August 29, 2020In this week's episode of the Week in Review Rusty Halvorson visits with farmer and rancher Calli Thorne of McKenzie County, North Dakota, about the importance of responding to the U.S. Census. Rusty also visits with Jeff Van Pevenage, CEO of Columbia Grain International, about supplies of pulses and grains, and safety regarding COVID-19 and […]
|Mon-Sat||6:20 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Sat||6:25 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||6:50 a.m.||E-Trade Grains/Livestock Recap||3:00|
|Mon-Sat||7:15 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||7:25 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||7:50 a.m.||E-Trade Review/Livestock Call||3:00|
|Mon-Fri||12:20 p.m.||Farm News Today||4:00|
|Mon-Sat||12:50 p.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Sat||12:55 p.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||1:15 p.m.||Livestock Close||3:00|
|Mon-Fri||2:06 p.m.||Grain/Livestock Close||4:00|