Since 1984, the American Ag Network has served farmers by delivering farm news, market information, and weather. We are proud of our legacy more than 30 years later. The American Ag Network broadcasts on dozens of affiliate radio stations, provides news online at www.americanagnetwork.com, and hosts a weekly podcast of the latest news and events.
American Ag Network
Farm News Director
We’re proud to feature Rusty Halvorson as the voice of the American Ag Network. With family roots in radio and agriculture, Rusty joined the network more than two decades ago, proudly serving with network pioneer Lyle Romine. He has received several NAFB Marketcast Awards and was awarded the NAFB Excellence in Ag Reporting for his news story on the challenges Congress would face in drafting a Farm Bill in 2012. Rusty is an active member of the NAFB.
Follow Rusty on Twitter: @RustHalvorson
Farm Broadcaster/Multimedia Journalist
Kirsten Rall is the newest member of the American Ag Network. She started as an intern at the network and showed passion and skill. Upon graduating from NDSU in May, 2019, she was asked to stay on with the title of Farm Broadcaster/Multimedia Journalist. Kirsten has a solid background in the agriculture industry with farming and ranching roots near Forbes, North Dakota. In addition to her internship at The American Ag Radio Network, she was a student member of the National Association of Farm Broadcasting, and the president of the NDSU chapter of Agriculture Communicators of Tomorrow.
Follow Kirsten on Twitter: @KirstenRallAAN
Digital Director/Farm Broadcaster
Sabrina came to the American Ag Network after building a successful broadcast journalism career in the fast-paced media markets of California. She became known nationally as a top agriculture news reporter and chose to make the Dakotas her home. Sabrina is an active member in the National Association of Farm Broadcasting, serving as the 2016-2017 West Region Vice President, 2018 co-chair of the Washington Watch committee, and 2019-2020 Marketing & Promotions Chair.
Follow Sabrina on Twitter: @SabrinaWHill
- American Ag Network - Week in Review for April 4, 2020Rusty Halvorson has the week's top ag news.
- American Ag Network - Week in Review for March 28, 2020Rusty Halvorson has the week's top ag news.
- American Ag Network - Week in Review for March 21, 2020Rusty Halvorson has the week's top ag news.
- Discussion with Bayer's Pete NealRusty Halvorson talks with Bayer's Pete Neal. CerealExperts.com is brought to you by Bayer, leading the way in innovation and crop protection for cereals. Bayer's portfolio is now more comprehensive than ever. You’ll find the right products, resources and learning opportunities to help you get more return on every dollar you invest in your crop, […]
- American Ag Network - Week in Review for March 14, 2020In this week's Week in Review, Kirsten Rall visits with an expert about grain bin safety, Rusty Halvorson reviews the impact of the novel coronavirus for agriculture and the continuing saga of small refinery exemptions under the Renewable Fuels Standard.
|Mon-Sat||6:20 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Sat||6:25 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||6:50 a.m.||E-Trade Grains/Livestock Recap||3:00|
|Mon-Sat||7:15 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||7:25 a.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||7:50 a.m.||E-Trade Review/Livestock Call||3:00|
|Mon-Fri||12:20 p.m.||Farm News Today||4:00|
|Mon-Sat||12:50 p.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Sat||12:55 p.m.||Farm News||4:00|
|Mon-Fri||1:15 p.m.||Livestock Close||3:00|
|Mon-Fri||2:06 p.m.||Grain/Livestock Close||4:00|